Never leave the dump body control lever (3)
engaged in any operating position when the
hoist is not being used.
(12) After dump body is completely
down, move dump body control lever (3) to
NEUTRAL position (d) and set the safety
f. Operation as a Spreader Type Dump Truck
(1) Position truck for spreading operations and apply handbrake (5).
(2) Depress clutch pedal (1) and place gcarshift lever (2) in N (neutral) position. Release
(3) Rig the tailgate for spreader operations, as described in para 2-17c.
The truck must be at a complete halt, and the clutch disengaged, before shifting the
dump body control lever out of NEUTRAL position (d).
(4) Depress clutch pedal (1). Release safety lock (4) on the dump body control lever (3)
and move lever to POWER UP position (a).
(5) Depress accelerator pedal (6) slightly to prevent stalling while releasing clutch pedal
(1). The dump body will start to rise.
(6) When the dump body has risen 2 or 3 feet, move dump body control lever (3) to
HOLD position (b).
The height required for best spreading results will depend on the weight and
substance of the material being spread, and on the tailgate opening. Raise the dump
body and adjust the tailgate opening as required.
(7) Pull tailgate control lever (7) forward and down as far as it will go and unlock
tailgate. The material should just start to spill out the tailgate.