TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
BRAKE AIR CHAMBER
THIS TASK COVERS
Push rod travel test
Test Equipment Required:
1. With brakes applied, coat air chamber flange with soap and water solution and inspect for leaks.
2. If leakage is detected, tighten securing hardware sufficiently to stop any leaks. No leakage is permissible.
3. Check non-pressure side of air chamber for leaks by applying soap and water solution to holes in chamber body.
If leakage exists, replace air chamber.
PUSH ROD TRAVEL TEST
1. Connect intervehicular air hose couplings.
2. With the brakes released, insert a small rod
through one of two inspection holes in left side of
brake air chamber. Mark rod, indicating distance
traveled to contact push rod.
3. Apply the brakes and again mark rod at surface
of mounting bracket with rod in contact with push
4. Withdraw the rod and measure distance
between marks. This indicates amount of piston
permit a minimum of one-half inch to a
maximum of seven-eighths of an inch travel.