TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
BRAKE AIR CHAMBER (cont)
Air under 100 psi air pressure is used in the operation of the break
air system. Serious injury or death can result unless proper
precautions are taken.
1. Release air pressure from system by opening drain cock on the air reservoir. (See illustration in para 4-26).
2. Disconnect air chamber-to-relay valve tubes.
3. Remove two nuts and lock washers attaching air chamber to bracket.
4. Remove air chamber, being careful not to damage rubber bellows.
1. Position air chamber on bracket. Secure with two nuts and lock washers.
2. Connect air chamber-to-relay valve tubes.
3. Close drain cock on air reservoir.
THIS TASK COVERS
5. Brakes will not release
6. No brakes or weak brakes
7. Slow brake application or
8. Grabbing brakes
Test Equipment Required: