(1) Securely attach cable hook to load. Insure that safety closure latch is engaged.
(2) Remove all slack in cable by moving cable tension valve control (1) to ON, winch
shift control lever (2) to WIND, and clutch control lever (4) to ENGAGE positions.
(3) After all cable slack is removed, move clutch control lever (4) to DISENGAGE, move
cable tension valve control lever (1) to OFF, return clutch control lever (4) to ENGAGE
position, and pull in the load.
Be sure cable is winding tightly and evenly on drum. Push or hammer coils into
place with block of wood, if necessary.
(4) After the load is pulled in, stop the winch by moving clutch control lever (4) to
DISENGAGE and winch shift control lever (2) to NEUTRAL.
e. Pulling Heavy Load.
(1) Stabilize truck by attaching field chocks (7) to frame.
(2) Anchor front winch cable (5) to either a tree, utility pole, or ground anchors to keep
(3) Rig single sheave (6) and double sheave (9) snatch blocks on rear winch cable (8).
(4) Proceed to pull in the load, as described in c and d on pages 2-113 and 2-114, except
place gearshift lever (16) in 3 (third) position and use throttle control lever (3) as necessary to
maintain engine speed.