(7) Slide new terminal (5) on wire lead (3), and using crimping tool, crimp
(8) Slide new shell (4) and sleeve (6) down over terminal (5) until seated.
(9) Apply insulation compound to outside of female connector (l). Push
connectors (1 and 2) together until seated.
(10) Connect power.
Turn on semitrailer lights and check for proper operation.
c. Circuit Marker Band Replacement.
(1) Open tab ends of marker band (7, fig. 4-16) and remove. Discard marker
(2) Using etching tool, etch proper number on new marker band (7).
(3) Place marker band (7) on wire lead (3). Using crimping tool, bend tab end
(8) over wire (3).
TASK END HERE
WIRING HARNESS (M871)
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit
Lockwire (item 17,
Disconnect all outside power before performing any
maintenance on the electrical system. Failure to do so
could result in injury.
(3) Disconnect four terminals in 12 volt junction box on left rear of the