Do not operate hydraulic tools with hose
lines fully extended. Failure to comply could
result in injury or death to personnel or
damage to equipment. If there is insufficient
slack, return hose lines to stowed position
and relocate vehicle so hose reel is closer to
The hose reel will only lock in place when
the ratchet sound of pawl is heard.
(12) Unstow and extend hoses (15) and (16) from hose reel (3) to work site, ensuring there is sufficient hose slack.
(13) Remove caps (17) and (18) from hydraulic quick-release couplings (19) and (20).
Hydraulic fluid (Dexron III) is TOXIC. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only in
well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Skin and clothing that come in contact
with hydraulic oil should be washed immediately. Saturated clothing should be removed immediately.
Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Cleanliness is essential for correct and
safe operation of the hydraulic system.
Ensure dirt and debris are not allowed to
enter hydraulic system. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
To avoid or minimize trapped pressure
within tool, always connect return line
first. Failure to comply could result in
(14) Using a clean rag, wipe down hydraulic
quick-release couplings (19) and (20).
Hose quick-release couplings can only be connected one way.
(15) Connect hydraulic quick-release coupling (19) on return hose (15) to hydraulic tool.
(16) Connect hydraulic quick-release coupling (20) on supply hose (16) to hydraulic tool.