OPERATOR MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIEL
a. Upon receipt of mine materiel, verify each
Save some boxes and packing
packaged item against the requisition list.
If marking on packaging conflicts with
Contact Direct Support Maintenance
nomenclature on requisition, check with ammunition
for disposition of remainder of
supply personnel to determine if an issue error has been
b. Unless packing boxes show evidence of
moisture or damage to the extent that contents may be
unusable, do not open until materiel is to be used.
c. All standard precautions for care and handling
3-2. Unpackaging Precautions
BEING STRUCK BY ENDS OF
(1) Inspect markings on packaging for
legibility of lot number. If illegible, open box, note lot
number stenciled on inner pack or item, and restore
(1) Cut lead seal wire with pliers and remove.
(2) Visually inspect each box/container for
(2) Bend wire loops up straight using a salee
damage or indication that the contents may be
(3) Lift lid panel to open box.
(3) Unpack only as far as necessary to
(4) Remove top, packing (if any) from box.
determine the serviceability of the materiel. Do not
(5) Remove inner packs.
open undamaged barrier bags or juggle wrapped
(4) If outer box/container is damaged beyond
repair, transfer contents to a serviceable box/container
and mark accordingly.
(5) If necessary, visually inspect each item
(6) If barrier bags are damaged but
and give priority of issue.
(7) Operator personnel will repack unused
items in original serviceable outer containers to
preserve their serviceability.