shutters and shutter box sides is maintained and that
brackets (4) are seated against shoulder of bearings (7)
prior to tightening screws (1) and nuts (2). Check shutters
Particles blown by compressed air can be
to ensure that they fully open and close without bending.
dangerous. Be certain to direct air stream
away from the user and other personnel in the
Oil Cooler and Lines
(2) Using compressed air at 15 psi, test oil cooler
under water for leaks. Dry outside of oil cooler using
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and
compressed air under moderate pressure, and flush inside
flammable, Always wear protective goggles
of oil cooler using diesel fuel. Drain thoroughly and flush
and gloves, and use only in a well-ventilated
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
(3) Straighten all bent cooling fins.
clothes, and DO NOT breathe vapors. DO
NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The solvent's flash point is 100"F-138F
(38C-590C). If you become dizzy while
using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh
for damaged threads, bent linkage rod, defective spring,
air and medical help. If solvent contacts eyes,
and excessive wear. Replace damaged components.
immediately wash your eyes with water and
get medlical aid.
Inspect snap-in ball joints for tightness. If ball
joints are worn and come apart easily, replace ball joints.
Flush piping by forcing diesel fuel through oil cooler inlet.
Drain thoroughly and flush again with clean oil
(1) Remove screw and lockwasher securing
Inspection and Repair.
(2) Remove adjusting screw and jam nut.
damaged cooling fins, and cracked or defective welds
which may result in loss of oil. If defective, replace oil
(3) Remove retaining rings and plunger cover.
(4) Remove spring.
(5) Remove plunger, retainer, and gasket.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wipe all components clean, and inspect for
damaged threads, excessive wear, and defective spring.
(2) Inspect waterproof solenoid plunger cover
(3) Inspect ground lead for damage due to sharp
bends, kinks, or excessive wear.
(1) Position upper retaining ring in waterproof
solenoid plunger cover, and insert plunger spring into
cover over the retaining ring.
(2) Insert grooved end of solenoid plunger into