(6) Remove the delivery valve holder(9), then lift
out the delivery valve spring (10), delivery valve (11),
delivery valve body (42), and delivery valve spacer (12).
Disassembly (Fig. 7-46). All
work on injection
equipment MUST be performed in the cleanest location
(7) Remove the hydraulic head locating screw
possible. No filing, scraping, or sawing should be done on
(13) and copper gasket (14).
the bench where repairs are made.
(8) Remove four head retaining screws (15) and
four head retaining clamps (16). Carefully rest tappet on
clean surface and using shaft head, hammer pump body
assembly until hydraulic head assembly separates from
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and
flammable. Always wear protective goggles
and gloves, and use only In a well-ventilated
(9) Remove the O-rings (18 and 19) from the
hydraulic head and the pump housing.
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and DO NOT breathe vapors. DO
NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
(10) Remove the tappet (20) and related O-ring
The solvent's flash point is 10O"F-138F
(21) from the face gear bore.
(38C-590C). if you become dizzy while
using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh
(11) Remove the spring ring (22) and the plunger
air and medical help. if solvent contacts eyes,
button (23) from the end of the plunger (the plunger is
immediately wash your eyes with water and
part of hydraulic head assembly).
get medical aid.
(12) Invert the hydraulic head assembly and place
(1) Clean all external dirt and grease from the
lower spring seat washer (24, fig. 7-46) and depress the
plunger spring, then remove the lower seat (25).
(14) Remove lower spring seat washer (24,
The pump housing must NEVER be clamped
in a vise.
(15) Place the hydraulic head assembly on a
bench. Use two screwdrivers to pry off the face gear (28),
then remove the thrust washer (29).
made to adequately secure the pump
The plunger, plunger sleeve and hydraulic
head are mated parts and must always be
kept together. -
(2) Clamp the mounting fixture in a suitable vise.
(16) Do not remove the plunger (35) from the
(3) Install the pump housing into the mounting hydraulic head
fixture with two two - 18 UNC hex head screws.
(4) Release lock tabs (2) and remove the two
control unit retaining plate screws (1), tab washers (2,
(1) Place the delivery valve assembly in test
fig. 7-46), and the control unit retaining plate and stop
fixture TSE 76226 (table 5-l), and secure in a suitable vise
assembly (3). Carefully pull the control unit assembly (4)
with plunger sleeve pin (5) out of the pump housing (6).
Plunger sleeve pin Occasionally may have to be removed
(a) Insert the delivery valve spring (1) and
separately. Use needle nose pliers or magnetic pencil.
the delivery valve holder (2). Tighten the delivery valve
(5) Remove the delivery valve cap nut (7) and
components that are to be assembled to test fixture TSE