f. Loading P-14 Trailer Onto Truck.
(1) Position bolster truck and trailor on level surface. Check and secure bolster travel
locks and sliding chocks for loading.
(2) Secure adjustable reach (7) with retaining pin (12) in fifth hole from lunette (13)
When reach length adjustment is required, close air cutoff cock at service
connection to lock trailer brakes, remove reach retaining pin (12) and move truck
forward or backward as required. After reach bas been adjusted, replace retaining
pin and open cutoff cock.
(3) Stop truck engine and apply handbrake.
(4) Remove air hoses and electrical cable from clamps
three retaining rings (8).
The trailer air hoses and electrical cable must be unclamped to prevent stretching
hoses and cable during loading procedure. Loosen clamps with a screwdriver.
(5) Release landing leg (11) by pulling out locking pin (9). Swing leg down.
(6) Open truck pintle (6). Turn landing leg hand clank (10) to raise lunette (13) until
free of pintle.