(2) While engine is operating, check for leaks;
especially at gaskets (14) between intake manifold (13) and
cylinder head, gasket (11) between air cleaner adapter and
manifold, and gasket (5) between the manifold heater
mounting plate (4) and the manifold.
(3) Drop oil from an oilcan or hold apiece of thin
paper on point suspected of leaking. If leak exists, oil will
be sucked in or paper will be sucked against leaking area.
engine panel door.
(1) Remove air cleaner hose from manifold and
insulator sleeves (3). Remove heater mounting plate (4)
and nuts securing each buss bar to firewall.
and gasket (5).
(4) Remove buss bar assembly, washers, and
(3) Remove capscrew (6), washer (7), capscrew
(8), washer (9), air cleaner adapter (10), and gasket (11).
(4) Remove four nuts (12), then remove intake
manifold (13) and two gaskets (14).
(5) Clean away any gasket material stuck to
(2) Insert capscrew through grommets on buss
manifold, heater mounting plate, air cleaner adapter, and
cylinder heads. Discard gaskets and insulator sleeves.
(3) Slide a washer and spacer onto each capscrew
Repair. Remove manifold as given above and
and insert through fire wall.
replace gaskets if leaks occur.
(4) Attach each buss bar to firewall with nuts.
(5) Connect all electrical leads to buss bar.
(1) Install intake manifold (13) and new gaskets
(14) to cylinder heads and secure with four nuts (12).
(6) Install fuse into fuse clips.
Tighten nuts to 13-15 lb.-ft.
(7) Replace buss bar cover. Secure with two
(2) Install air cleaner adapter (10) and new gasket
capscrews, washers, and nuts.
(11) to manifold, and secure with capscrews (6 and 8) and
washers (7 and 9).
(8) Reconnect negative battery cable to battery
(3) Install heater mounting plate (4) and new
gasket (5) to manifold, and secure with two new insulator